About Me

My photo
I'm going to be blunt, though my words can be sharp. I'm not going to lie, or tell you my full truths. I'm not going to cry, but I sure as hell won't be ok.

2.20.2010

[Away] ... I'll Get Personal Again.

"I love you" isn't for making conversation.
"I need you" isn't just something to say.
"I want you" doesn't belong in lies.
And "I'm sorry" wont make the pain go away.

A heart isn't something to mess with.
Emotions can cuddle then sting.
Now my tears, they fall, 'cause I've learned...
A kiss doesn't promise a thing.

I wish I may, I wish I might
Upon any star that may fall.
That these thoughts won't keep me up tonight.
For to long I've seen 3 in the morn'.

My head, it hits the pillow.
But these crystal eyes won't close.
As my heart starts to freeze over,
Changing to blue from rose.

I pushed away these figures.
I run from all the pain.
I melt into the shadows,
Left cold and in the rain.

This damage, too large, for time to mend.
I'm just gone beyond repair.
Behind this mask, I'm screaming.
Alone, too much to bear.

I'll wear this painted smile.
Go through the motions to trick the witness.
This show, I know, has fooled you all.
And never to a soul will I confess.

This mangled reflection, in these shards.
The ugly girl I'm afraid to face.
Smothering the beauty who lies inside.
Unknowing of her grace.

Shes damaged, yes, her blood runs cold.
She gave up the fight, gave up control.
My inner angel built a wall,
Never to trust a soul.

This mask I've built, I've built it well.
These lies I've woven are empty.
So strong, so delicate, so intricately simple,
One lock, but I'm the key.

I'm not the fool, no not this time.
These icy blues have seen too much.
And pride rebuilds, but souls do not.
Read my warning... "DO NOT TOUCH!"

My heart beats faint, like dying breaths.
Singing ballads. Sick lyrical lies.
I'm reaching for the life, that fire, I hide.
Flames of all colours and unfathomable size.

I'm overcome with fear, but none at all.
Failures I've had, Mistakes I've done.
They tore me down but made me strong
And this war, will never be won.

I realize this, now more than ever.
As I let myself go under, go numb.
I gave up a battle, gave up control,
Automatic. What I've become.

The ugly girl, she screams as she breaks.
The mask's metallic echos... that face I shed.
She sobs in fear, gives up the lock.
As I breathe, I see, her and the mask, are dead.

The inner beauty shines an aura of light.
Outshining any star, and sun.
This feeling, this life, from these blue eyes, they show.
The civil war is over, my life's begun.

I'll make mistakes, I'll be knocked down.
But I'll never give up. Not again. No.
'Cause the fires burning, I'll defy gravity.
Who I'll be? Only time will show.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus fucking christ. This is a beast poem. kudos to you chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jackie :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete