About Me

My photo
I'm going to be blunt, though my words can be sharp. I'm not going to lie, or tell you my full truths. I'm not going to cry, but I sure as hell won't be ok.

10.20.2010

A Story Detailed And Anonymous As I Am

It started with a simple smile. Nothing more, nothing less. If I knew back then what I know now, I would have never smiled back. Fast forward 2 weeks... we were talking on the bleachers. I still remember the things you said to me. If only I had seen the insanity in your eyes. I would have ran. You built me up, told me everything was okay. That you wouldn't let me get hurt again. And then, the venom sunk in. You threw me into your vortex of lies. Of course I crumbled to my knees. But still there you were, insisting it was the right way. I caved in and went along, even though I was spinning down. And somewhere between the lies and the fear, I still had some weird idea that it wasn't really who you were. Fast forward about 2 years give or take, and I know you have something planned. I've dealt with you long enough and gave up fighting a while ago. You were such a terrible normality. But then that night, someone intercepted. A variable changed in the equation... and changed me for life. I'll never know what drove the action, well not fully anyways. But it left you speechless like the way it left me. Now its over a year later, and I'm nowhere near over it. Nor will I ever be. But in time, the pain will dull, and though I won't be over it... I'll learn to live with it. Because of you, I could say I'm stronger. On the other hand, I'm weaker as well. Both of you are the skeletons in my closet... the holes in my story. You are the inconsistency in my alibi. I can't help but sit and wonder what goes on in your head. You showed no remorse. I hate you, and I always will. Hearing your name makes my heart cringe in loathing. But I will never let you bring me down again. I hardly resemble the person I once was. And I'm done with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment