About Me

My photo
I'm going to be blunt, though my words can be sharp. I'm not going to lie, or tell you my full truths. I'm not going to cry, but I sure as hell won't be ok.

10.18.2010

High Anxiety - - - - - x - -

My fists clench up, mimicking the action of my airway. My chest starts to heave. Lungs are burning for air. Heart rate spikes, temperature rises. My head is spinning even though I'm sitting down. As hard as I try, my eyes won't focus. My mind goes crazy as if on fast forward; But the world around me seems so slow. Images flashing across the insides of my eyelids. Just breathe... that's all, just breathe. I tell myself. But it seems the message isn't clear. I'm on the ground, knees collapsed. I feel the floor under me. I try to ground myself. Heart's beating faster, I close my eyes. Trying to calm down. It's like a weight that never lifts, it's the world on your shoulders. The people around you, hundreds of them. It's in your skin and the air you breathe. Electric nerves. 

            a n x i e t y . . .





4 comments:

  1. Anonymous19.10.10

    i have anxiety.. but this sounds more like Speed

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have very bad anxiety... and this isnt describing ONLY an anxiety attack.... its called high anxiety because it's describing the worst anxiety attack i've had, and what happened because of it.... this was an anxiety attack and a heart palpatation as well as a lack of sleep. normal anxiety attacks are by no means this intense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous23.10.10

    cool story bro

    ReplyDelete