About Me

My photo
I'm going to be blunt, though my words can be sharp. I'm not going to lie, or tell you my full truths. I'm not going to cry, but I sure as hell won't be ok.

4.26.2011

A Moment in Time

No matter the memory, no matter the person... some memories will forever be in your heart.

I remember that morning when the cold air from the window woke me up. The snowflakes fell from the sky as big as golfballs. As I stood by the window I turned to you, wrapped in your blankets asleep. You looked like an angel. Then, as if from a movie, you slowly opened your eyes and smiled at me from across the room. That smile warmed me better than any fire, despite the open window. My heart glowed. So I walked over and threw my arms around you; I held you close. I miss the feeling of you in my arms.

I remember the time we layed out and watched the stars until morning. We laughed and talked until you had to sneak away. Under the stars, we had met in secret. And nothing else in the world mattered.

I remember when we kissed. Wrapped in blankets that kept the cold away. We made shaped with our hands and giggled to ourselves, careful to not wake anyone up. An eskimo kiss, lead to a touch of lips. Light and gentle. Then you curled into me and I held you into the night, until you fell asleep.

I remember that walk in the woods we took. We talked and laughed on our way to the park. Then out of the blue, you kissed my lips. You promised me that you'd do anything to see me happy. All it took was you to hold my hand... and I smiled.

I remember the moment I saw you. You knocked the wind out of me. I knew at that moment that I'd never be the same. Our eyes met and you gave me a sly smile. One I knew I had to have. In that one second you stole my heart. Later on, you came up to me. As we talked I realized that you were something out of a dream. You were special. As days and weeks passed, we talked some more. It didnt take long for me to completely fall in love with you. Finally, with all my courage, I spoke the truth of my feelings. Of how the thought of you can put me in a daze. And my heart was filled with fireworks, when you said you felt the same. You still have my love, and you always will. I hope that's something you'll always remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment